Sunday, October 25, 2009

Learning from spending time on SEO forums.

Online Forums

Learning from spending time on SEO forums.

I'm an intern, for me that means on the job training. I was instructed to spend time on SEO forums to give me enough background on our industry to enable me to understand what the end result of our video interviews should be.

My boss is paying me to learn, I was told to sign up for dozens of online marketing forums and webmastering forums and scan the questions everyone asks. This is known as "lurking", after I felt comfortable enough, I was urged to ask my own questions. That is known as "posting". Having a conversation on a forum, where people are posting Q & A's and then you include your participation, this entire process is known as a "thread".

I'm relieved to discover that I'm not the only newbie.

The first forum I spent a lot of time on was WebDigity.com
Someone asked a question that caught my eye, they asked can someone really make SEO into a career. You can tell from the clumsy grammar used, this person likely uses english as a second language.

"Is it really worth with SEO as career that can make money with SEO services. How important is seo as career to someone that use it to make money online...


what do you all think about that?"


[quote author=Nikolas link=topic=8306.msg39105#msg39105 date=1230545798]
Yeah it is a great job. You can check some good arguments on that here
[/quote]

Hi Nikolas, Thank you for posting the link to SEOBook, I'm very new at all of this. I'm a new intern and my boss is constantly saying to learn this, that and everything. There is so much information to mentally absorb, it can be a bit overwhelming. I just spent the last couple of hours reading and watching related videos (by LeFever) through SEOBooks. I learned more in the past few hours than I have in the past 3 weeks. Which is especially useful, as my boss is paying me learn, in addition to working. The info from both SEOBook and the Lefever YOUtube videos, were comfortable and easy to follow and absorb. I now subscribe to both.

No comments:

Post a Comment