Sunday, October 4, 2009

My first post ever to a blog

Learning to do video interviews for youtube commercials and hopefully video documentaries for a Maryland search engine marketing firm: Frederick Web Promotions.

In a past life, I was a CDL truck driver, now that the economy has tanked, I'm switching careers totally. My boss wants me to learn the ins and outs of blogging, social media, social networking, social bookmarking and more crap than you can shake a stick at.

I'm not really sure what blogging has to do with me creating, and being a news anchor for video documentaries, but he's telling me that a video on youtube is a blog, photos on flickr can be either someone's family vacation, pictures of their kids but ultimately they are photo blogs.

RSS feeds?, I'm really unsure about what an RSS feed is, but he says that's what makes a blog different from (and he says better than) a conventional website. Something about syndication and blasting a feed all over the internet. It's confusing now, but he sure knows what he's doing.

He's a master of breaking his arm to pat his own back, shameless self promotion. However, he occasionally forgets that it was I, who taught him how to use the computer with DOS, Windows 3.1, just roughly 12 years ago. Go figure, he now blows me away ten fold on the computer.
My God, I've created a monster!smiley!!!

To ease the pressure I put upon myself, he often has to reminds me, that 50 million people start their first post by typing "Well, I'm here, now what?" So on that note, "Something is better than nothing and you can't do it wrong, you can only make it better". In the words of Nike "Just Do It" and so that is my new motto for the time being.

So how did I do? Feedback anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment